The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has stated that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, failed in all its endeavours, advising the party to hold its peace while the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari gets about securing the release of all Chibok girls still in Boko Haram captivity.
Dozens of girls have managed to escape after Boko Haram kidnapped them from Chibok, Nigeria in 2014, but there were still more than 200 who were missing for more than two years.
Abana Ishaya said Wednesday he was thrilled to find out his daughter was among those released in exchange for five Boko Haram commanders.
Nigerian minister Aisha Alhassan said the recently freed girls are in a more positive state than those who were released in October.
The President's wife was also quoted as informing the girls about the efforts that had been put into negotiating their release under the direction of the President and praised all the agencies and individuals involved. Another girl was found in May 2016 when she wandered out of a Nigerian forest asking for help, according to witnesses.
The girls are now in the capital Abuja being looked after by government officials as they try to adjust back into society.
In speaking to the girls the first lady said their education is of great importance.Читайте также: U.S. Corn Market Outlook: Looking Past The May WASDE Report
"When you were away, we cried and prayed with your parents for your safe return".
"Government is preparing the girls to go back to school in September this year because they have lost so much academically", said presidency spokesman Garba Shehu.
Tsambido said the community would never accept such a claim because the government could use it as an excuse to give up on the rescue of the other girls.
The release was made possible after "lengthy negotiations" which saw the Nigerian government agree to an exchange of some Boko Haram prisoners for the schoolgirls. "She said, 'I am happy where I am". Some must undergo surgery, she said.
"When they get the pictures, they see them and verify, then they come on board to Abuja to see their daughters".
The minister, who condemned insinuations that the Federal Government had been shielding the parents and the media from having access to the girls, said there was the need for the girls to be taken through a process to relieve them of the trauma of their captivity. The victims had been held captive for more than three years by the Islamist group after they were seized from their dormitories in a mass abduction that shocked the world.
We also wish to express our profound happiness and relief as this set of girls re-unite with friends and families.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог