Boy, 8, beaten unconscious days before days before killing himself


What is not in dispute, however, is the fact that one of the boys in the video, 8-year-old Gabriel Taye, was found unconscious in that bathroom and that he took his own life two days later.

A Cincinnati police homicide detective investigating Gabriel's death looked at the video almost a week later and wrote a February 3 report to Cincinnati Public Schools officials recounting the assault.

In this still image from a January 24, 2017, surveillance video provided by Cincinnati Public Schools, the legs and feet of 8-year-old Gabriel Taye can be seen as he lies on the floor of a boys' bathroom after being knocked unconscious by another boy at Carson Elementary School.

A Cincinnati schools spokeswoman says the video might be released Friday.

Gabriel was at school January 24 when, as seen on a choppy surveillance video the Cincinnati Public Schools system released Friday, he apparently tried to shake hands with a boy who had hit another child.

According to Reynolds' attorney Jennifer Branch, that video depicts an attack on Taye: After he extended his hand to the second boy, she said, that boy beat him so severely he lost consciousness. They say she only learned of the bullying after attorneys obtained a police report.

The 10-minute video shows an incident involving a young boy in a bathroom at Carson Elementary School in West Price Hill.

Court reviews how man got early jail release before slayings
The 48-year old nurse's aide, Cindy Krantz and Kirkersville Police Chief Eric Disario were also shot to death by the gunman. Of those 64 guns, there were 21 shotguns, 20 rifles, 18 handguns, three airguns and the rest were not specified.

Cincinnati Public Schools initially declined to release the video to the public or to comment about it.

For almost 5 minutes after that, "many students step over, point, mock, nudge, kick, etc.", the 8-year-old boy, Karaguleff wrote.

An Ohio coroner has reopened an investigation into the death of an 8-year-old boy to examine security-camera video from the boy's school that shows him getting pulled head first into a restroom wall two days before he died by suicide. The boy in the red and gray coat hits another boy in the stomach, "sending him to the floor in all fours".

Cincinnati Public Schools released a statement Thursday with a different account of what happened.

"Mom is really heartbroken that she didn't know what she needed to know to protect her son", Branch said. It is now believed that Gabriel hit his head when he fell, although it's unclear whether he struck it on the floor or the wall of the bathroom.

"What we are going to try to do is determine what kind of physical findings may be attributed to injuries he sustained", she said.

The 750-student school failed to disclose to Gabriel's mother the events that occurred that day, preventing her from her parental duty of adequately adhering to her child's state.

Ex-Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick signs free-agent deal with Bucs
Louis Rams (2005-06), Cincinnati Bengals (2008), Buffalo Bills (2009-12), Tennessee Titans (2013) and Houston Texans (2014). The signing of Fitzpatrick is another indication that the Buccaneers expect to be serious playoff contenders in 2017.

Later they chose to blame Gabriel's mother for not taking him to the hospital which is on its own rather alerting. "As Gabe's mother, it is my obligation to make sure that this will never happen again".

But just two days alter, the eight-year-old was found dead in his bedroom.

Gabriel had no history of mental health issues, said Carla Leader, a lawyer for his mother, Cornelia Reynolds.

"Though the connection between this incident at school and Gabriel's suicide are not clear, the district shared this video with police investigators at the time of the incident", the school district said in its statement Thursday.

For months after his suicide, Gabriel's mother had no knowledge of the trouble in the school bathroom. "She also contacted Gabriel's mother and asked her to pick him up and take him to the hospital to be checked out", the district said in its statement. People who knew him describe him as a happy-go-lucky kid - "a very loving little boy who always had a smile on his face and would bring a smile to your face", said Carolyn Emery, whose children went to school with him.

No charges have resulted from the investigation.

Several injured, 1 dead after speeding vehicle drives into Times Square
It was stopped after crashing into a pole on 45th Street and Broadway, where it lied with two of its wheels in the air. Law enforcement sources said Rojas tested negative for alcohol but drug test results were still pending.