Three people dead, 19 rescued from rubble in Lagos collapsed building

Share

As emergency operations continued at the site of the three storey building that collapsed in Ilasamaja area of Lagos State, three persons have been confirmed dead while 19 were rescued alive.

"Three persons were recovered dead and were taken to Lagos Mainland Mortuary Yaba", the general manager of Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Adesina Tiamiyu, told PREMIUM TIMES Friday morning.

He said 19 people had so far been rescued by LASEMA and other rescue agencies.

With days to go, Minnesota budget talks hit a stalemate
There is a $1.6 billion surplus on the table and Dayton wants more money for government services. But the Legislature finally reached a deal this week, sending a bill to Dayton's desk Wednesday.

An undisclosed number of persons are still trapped inside the building.

According to reports, the construction workers were at work when the building suddenly made a sudden lurch and began to crumble before they could get their bearing.

Mr. Kehinde Adebayo, Public Relations Officer of LASEMA revealed that the Police would resume investigation to ascertain what led to the collapse of the building. We first reached 14 of the labourers and some were treated by the agency's medical team and LASAMBUS.

This video could be our first look at the 2017 Moto X
Now coming to "X" series phones, it is tagged as "Unlimited Perfection" and will come with 5.2-inch Full HD screen. After months of leaks and rumors, Motorola has officially unveiled the all new Moto C and Moto C Plus smartphones.

The building situated on 6 Richard Abimbola Street, reportedly caved in around 2 O'clock and covered the artisans and construction workers. "Extraction of trapped victims is ongoing and no mortality has been recorded at the moment".

The injured were said to have been taken to the Ilasa General Hospital.

Hospital Trust 'remains vigilant' after cyber attack
But Prime Minister Theresa May has rejected claims the government ignored warnings the NHS was vulnerable to a possible attack. Australian organisations will return to work as the local fallout from the weekend's global cyber attack becomes clearer.

Share