Arsenal's £31m bid for Thomas Lemar turned down by Monaco

Share

Sky Sports' Lyall Thomas is reporting today that Spurs will not be bidding for the services of Monaco midfielder Thomas Lemar.

The French worldwide, who has also been courted by Tottenham this summer, is high on Wenger's list of priority signings.

French media outlet L'Equipe claims that a number of Europe's top sides are keen on Monaco playmaker Thomas Lemar.

Two Fires Burning In Malibu Thursday Afternoon
No injuries have been reported and no structures have been damaged, according to LAFD spokesperson Brian Humphrey. Helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft were being used to drop water and retardant on both fires, officials said.

According to a report in The Sun, Arsenal have tabled an improved bid worth £35 million to AS Monaco for Thomas Lemar. The forward is known for his versatility and can play as a winger or behind the striker.

Various reports last week suggested Arsenal were stepping up their pursuit of Lacazette in a club-record £50m deal, while this week has seen increasing speculation that Lemar is also a £30m target.

But Monaco vice-president, Vadim Vasilyev, who is fighting to keep a clutch of his stars, has told Arsenal they can not have Lemar and that the stance is non-negotiable.

China's manufacturing activity expands for 11th month
The bureau also said that its non-manufacturing PMI came in with a score of 54.9, up from 54.5 in the previous month. Capital Economics' Evans-Pritchard believes the current resilience of growth will prove temporary.

But Arsenal's move for the left-sided attacking player confirms Wenger is becoming resigned to losing last season's top-scorer Sanchez.

And Wenger has decided that Lemar will be a better long-term investment than 26-year-old Riyad Mahrez, who has asked Leicester for a transfer but would cost Arsenal £40m. Lemar was born in Guadeloupe, an overseas department of France in the Caribbean, but moved to the mainland in 2010 to join Caen.

Arsenal and Liverpool have launched ambitious attempts to take him to England and Paris Saint-Germain are also interested in snaring him away from rivals Monaco.

Arsenal bid for Lacazette, Lemar rejected
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas admitted that he believes Lacazette will continue with his current employers beyond this summer. The 30-year-old forward made only 11 Premier League starts and amassed 18 appearances in total for Gunners this term.

Lemar, who has a contract until 2020, scored 14 goals and assisted a further 17 in 55 games last season as Monaco won the Ligue 1 title and reached the Champions League semi-finals.

Share