Family of girl electrocuted using phone in bath releases her final photo

Share

Madison Coe, 14, died when she was using her Samsung Edge Plus while bathing, reports KRQE.

Coe's mother Angela O'Guinn Downs also used her Facebook page to raise awareness on staying safe while using electronic devices such as cellphones.

Madison was at her father's house on July 9 when she was fatally electrocuted after touching a frayed extension cord she was using to charge her cell phone. Additional investigation was conducted by the Criminal Investigations Division of the Lovington Police Department and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Presidential polls: BJP leaders, allies, congratulate Venkaiah Naidu on nomination
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said , M Venkaiak Naidu is a fit candidate for the office of Vice President. Voting for the V-P elections will be held on August 5 and counting of votes will be held the same day.

Madison Coe, from Lovington, New Mexico, sent a text message to a friend along with a picture of her phone plugged into an extension cord just minutes before she died, police believe. In the snapshot, her phone's charger can be seen plugged into an extension cord, which is lying on a towel over a bath mat.

Officials from Friendship Independent School District said that with a heavy heart they mourn the loss of Madison Coe.

Authorities determined the fatal mishap was caused by when the 14-year-old touched a frayed part of the extension cord.

'I'm a Celtic for life.' Paul Pierce retires as a Boston Celtic
The Celtics are one of the most storied franchises in sports, and Pierce is second all-time in points scored for them with 24,021. One NBA title with the Celtics in 2008 for which he also was named Finals MVP and at 15th all-time in points in the NBA.

Coe, who was from Lubbock, Texas, had recently completed eighth grade at Terra Vista Middle School. "The bathroom is a place for showers and personal time and your phones don't belong in the bathroom. All it takes is a drop". She was very smart.

"I did it, she did it", an emotional Owens said.

Her relatives believe that the latter was possibly responsible for the teens' death as a burn mark was found in her hand. Now, they hope to prevent such a tragedy from happening to anyone else. The family is now trying to discourage people from using their cell phones in the bathroom while it is plugged on to the electrical socket to charge. We need to teach our children that electricity and water do not mix'.

Child deaths increase by nine percent in Afghanistan, according to UN
A total of 174 women were confirmed killed and 462 injured, an overall rise of 23 percent from the same period a year ago . A 2 percent overall increase in civilian deaths was recorded in the region compared to the same time period a year ago .

Madison has been remembered by her family and friends as a keen basketball fan and tuba player.

Share