The Turkish government on Monday voted to extend for another three months a state of emergency imposed after last July's failed coup attempt.
About 250 people were killed and more than 2,000 others injured last year when a disgruntled army faction commandeered tanks and warplanes in a bid to overthrow President Recep Tayyip Erdogan after 15 years in power.
"First of all we will chop off the heads of those traitors", Erdogan said as he reaffirmed previous comments to sign any bill passed restoring capital punishment.
The official Turkish government Gazette said that those who were fired are people "who it's been determined have been acting against the security of the state or are members of a terrorist organization". "I spoke to the prime minister and ... when they appear in court, let's make them appear in uniform suits like in Guantanamo".Читайте также: Sanchez aims for Champions League, admits that rests in Arsenal's hands
According to the Turkish government, Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) and its US -based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup of July 15, 2016, which left 250 people martyred and almost 2,200 injured.
Ankara has launched purges on an unprecedented scale against assumed supporters of the Gülen movement, accused of instigating the attempted coup d'état.
In the aftermath of the putsch, some 150,000 people have been sacked or suspended from jobs in the civil service and private sector and more than 50,000 were detained for alleged links to the putsch, alarming Turkey's Western allies and rights groups, who say President Tayyip Erdogan is using the coup as a pretext to muzzle dissent.
The extension will take effect from Wednesday at 01:00 a.m. (2200 GMT, Tuesday), state-run Anadolu Agency reported.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог