Man in custody after stand-off with police at Chatswood, NSW


NSW Police are trying to negotiate with a man sitting on an awning roof near where a woman's body was found in a Sydney alley on Monday.

The ongoing negotiations also prevented police from retrieving the woman's body, which remained covered by a tent for most of the day.

About 40 minutes later, police saw a man lying on an awning above a 27th-floor balcony.

Cristiano Ronaldo: Portugal manager reveals why he dropped Real Madrid star
Your best bet is to check who is showing the game in your country, and if they have an online service or iOS/Android app to watch it on.

A pedestrian made the grisly discovery of the woman's body in an alleyway at about 6.30am on Brown Street near Chatswood train station.

The site was cordoned off as police negotiators - including a Korean speaker - continued to negotiate with the man at the top of the building which is at least 15 storeys high.

An investigation is now underway to determine the circumstances surrounding the woman's death; however, police are investigating the likelihood this is a domestic-violence related incident.

Godhra train carnage: HC spares the noose for 11 convicts
It directed the State to pay Rs 10 lakh to the families of the 59 victims, mostly kar sevaks , killed in the incident. Most of the people burnt in the attack were " kar sevaks ", which triggered communal riots in Gujarat .

Luke Bladen Williams Hamilton, who found the woman's body, said tried to establish there was "no sign of life", but soon realised the woman was dead.

The man took off his shoes in the late morning and was handed cigarettes by police, but sat near the edge of the roof for most of the afternoon.

"(But) it was pretty obvious due to the harshness of the scene", he said via Facebook.

Texans' JJ Watt suffers tibial plateau fracture against Chiefs
It is tough luck for the Texans defensive end, who missed all but three games last season after undergoing two back surgeries. He was helped off the field, then carted into the locker room and taken to the hospital for examination.

The man climbed back into the apartment around 7.30pm and is now in custody.