Equifax has taken down a customer service web page after reports that it was serving up bogus Adobe Flash installation dialogs laden with malware, Reuters reports. On Wednesday, an independent security analyst found that part of the credit history site was under the control of hackers.
He says that, out of an abundance of caution, that Equifax has taken the affected page off-line, and is looking into the matter.
Equifax - whose multimillionaire CEO chose to set sail from the company weeks after the announcement that, under his watch, the information of 143 million Americans was obtained by hackers - was sending visitors of its website to the completely bogus software update.
Triple killings: Search for suspect, child continues in Ohio
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has been contacted and is assisting the LCSO in the search for this child. The Lawrence County Sheriff's Office said Devin Holston has been "recovered" but would not release any other information.
"We are aware of the situation identified on the Equifax.com website in the credit report assistance link", the Equifax spokesman told Mic.
Last month, Equifax announced that about 143 million people had seen their Social Security numbers and other sensitive information exposed when someone exploited a website application to access confidential files between May and July.
October 12, 2017: Equifax confirms it was hacked again, this time with a fake Flash installer application.
Rally For Puerto Rico Planned Wednesday At The Capitol
Ninety percent of electricity customers were without power as of Wednesday, when the temperature reached 90 degrees in San Jaun. Trump tweeted a little after 7 a.m.
Equifax's security protocols have been under scrutiny since September 7 when the company disclosed its systems had been breached between mid-May and late July.
The Atlanta-based company, which has faced seething criticism from consumers, regulators and lawmakers over its handling of the earlier breach, said it would provide more information as it becomes available. The hack has led to multiple federal and state investigations and the departure of the company's 12-year chief executive.
Dentists Rajesh and Nupur Talwar cleared of daughter Aarushi's murder
A series of lapses marked the investigation, both when it was handled originally by the Noida police and then by the CBI . CBI submitted a closure report on the case in December, 2010 on the basis of "insufficient evidence ".