Betty Miller was arrested for making ricin in her apartment, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in a statement, according to WCAX.
"She stated that she manufactured ricin in the kitchen of her Wake Robin residence and, to test its potency, placed the ricin in the food or beverages of other residents".
Betty Miller, who lived in the Wake Robin retirement community, is expected to make an initial appearance in U.S. District court Friday afternoon.
A release from the Federal Bureau of Investigation said agents and officials with the Vermont Department of Health interviewed Miller at the University of Vermont Medical Center where she said she was interested in plant-based poisons and used the Internet to learn how to create ricin.
Miller was held at the Chittenden Regional Correctional Facility on Thursday afternoon, but the public was never notified until Conroy agreed to unseal the documents on Friday morning at the request of the U.S. Attorney's Office.
The powder later tested positive as ricin, he said. Court documents show the team found a wicker basket in the kitchen that contained several bottles, including apple seed, cherry seed, yew seed, ricin, castor beans, and another type of seed.
Investigators said Miller printed the ricin-making instructions from the internet.Читайте также: No. 3 Michigan State hosts No. 5 Notre Dame on Thursday night
No other residents reported symptoms consistent with ricin poisoning.
Miller told authorities she found instructions on the internet and over the summer harvested 30-40 castor beans on the Wake Robin campus.
"Ms. Miller indicated her goal was to injure herself, but she wanted to test the effectiveness of the ricin on others", wrote Agent Emmons in the affidavit.
However, she sought to test the effectiveness of the plant-based poison on others in her care home.
According to local media, the Wake Robin nursing home declined to comment.
Miller told investigators she exposed the other residents to ricin on at least three occasions. It said that it would not release details about its residents.
The Health Department said Wednesday that its laboratory had confirmed the substance discovered in Miller's home was ricin. The affidavit does not state why she went to the hospital.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог