Federal officials file new charges against man acquitted in Kate Steinle case

Share

Jose Ines Garcia Zarate was found not guilty of murder in the death of San Francisco woman Kate Steinle, but a grand jury has other plans for the controversial defendant, indicting him on new charges.

Jose Ines Garcia Zarate never should have been in San Francisco, let alone protected by that jurisdiction.

While Garcia Zarate was acquitted Thursday of more serious charges including murder, involuntary manslaughter and assault with a deadly weapon for the July 1, 2015, shooting, he was found guilty of a state gun charge. If convicted, Zarate faces a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison before a potential deportation. He has been in jail since the day of the shooting. Garcia Zarate is to be sentenced in state court December 14.

Interim Released for NEET Aspirants; Delhi HC Stays CBSE Orders
Now, the council has come up with another major decision of allowing students above 25 years of age to apply for NEET 2018 . However, Supreme Court had passed a judgment that students above 25 would be allowed to appear for this examination.

He added that Garcia-Zarate would ultimately be deported.

Jurors left court last week without speaking publicly about their verdict and Gascon said they have not spoken with prosecutors either.

President Donald Trump frequently brought up the case past year during his presidential campaign to criticize efforts in the U.S.to combat illegal immigration.

Kentucky lawyer arrested in Honduras
Hess told reporters Tuesday the Federal Bureau of Investigation had worked with about a dozen agencies to bring Conn to justice. Conn and bring him to justice and hold him accountable for the lives he impacted and the trust he betrayed", Hess said.

Garcia Zarate had been deported five times before the 2015 shooting. The Mexican national was released from a San Francisco jail prior to the killing of Steinle, which led to a national outrage over sanctuary cities.

Garcia-Zarate did not deny shooting Steinle and said it was an accident.

Gascon also criticized President Trump and conservative pundits for turning the trial into a "political football".

JAL invests $10 mil in supersonic jet project
Virgin Atlantic, Sir Richard Branson's airline, has an option for 10 of the aircraft. That aircraft, dubbed the XB-1, is expected to fly by the end of next year.

Share