Weinstein's representatives also claim that the producer couldn't have slandered the actresses in the way Peter described, as they both continued to star in movies made by Weinstein. "I was leaving when he got me by the arm and stated, 'What's happening with you?' I stated, 'You disclosed to me leave, I'm leaving, '" Priestley, 48, tweeted on Friday. However, as Mr. Jackson will probably remember, because Disney would not finance the Lord of the Rings, Miramax lost the project and all casting was done by New Line.
'At the time, we had no reason to question what these guys were telling us - but in hindsight, I realise that this was very likely the Miramax smear campaign in full swing.
It added that Sorvino called Weinstein "as recently as this year" asking if her husband could be part of a television series he was producing.
Here's what we searched Google for the most in 2017
Matt Lauer, the longtime " Today " show host, was sacked last month by NBC news for improper sexual behavior in the workplace. Among the most wanted people in Google is also the American actress Megan Marcel, the bride of Britain's Prince Harry.
Judd also reacted to the news, tweeting simply: "I remember this well".
"There it is, confirmation that Harvey Weinstein derailed my career, something I suspected but was unsure", she wrote. Both actresses have claimed their careers were ruined by Weinstein after they spurned his unwanted sexual advances.
"I was not offered any movie roles past 1996".
Nearly every story of Harvey Weinstein scandal included a fear of losing opportunities in the race of making a career in Hollywood industry, not only Sorvino and Judd but many women who came forward and accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct can relate this.
European Union defies Trump, says its Jerusalem stance is unchanged
Trump came to office claiming he could make "the ultimate deal", but that effort now risks being derailed by his own actions. On Friday Pence departs Israel for Germany, where he will visit U.S. troops on his way back to Washington .
Sir Peter Jackson has spoken out about his experiences with Harvey Weinstein, expressing his dismay for the disgraced movie mogul.
Weinstein's spokesman said in a statement the producer had "nothing but the utmost respect" for Jackson but added that he had no input into casting, which was overseen by New Line when they came on board.
Weinstein flatly denies any and all accusations of sexual misconduct. It later moved to New Line Cinema. Now, Peter has released a statement to Deadline, claiming that whilst Weinstein was not involved in the final casting, his claims that he had "bad experiences" working with Ashley and Mira meant that going forward, Peter ruled them out of the running. "That's a deflection from the truth", Jackson wrote.
"We have no direct evidence linking Ashley and Mira's allegations to our Lord of the Rings casting conversations of 20 years ago - but we stand by what we were told by Miramax when we raised both of their names, and we are recounting it accurately".
Chef Mario Batali fired from The Chew after sex harassment accusations
ABC has fired Mario Batali from its food-infused daytime talk show following an that detailed "habitual" by the celebrity chef. Actress Siobhan Thompson then said the chef once groped her breasts while she worked as a hostess at one of his restaurants.
"If we were unwitting accomplices in harming their careers, Fran and I unreservedly apologise to both Ashley and Mira."