YouTube Drops Star Logan Paul

Share

Eleven days after vlogger Logan Paul published - and quickly deleted - an objectionable video from Japan's "suicide forest", YouTube announced its penalty, sparking strong reactions on Yahoo Newsroom.

The 22-year-old, whose YouTube channel has over 15 million subscribers, uploaded a video on 31 December showing himself and a group of friends visiting Aokigahara Forest near Mount Fuji, a known suicide location.

A day after YouTube's Twitter statement, the video platform announced it is putting several projects involving Logan Paul on hold indefinitely, and would be removing his channel from their Preferred Program.

California Woman Returns Christmas Tree For A Refund
Scott Bentley was so outraged the woman's chutzpah, he posted a photo he took of her along with his commentary on Facebook . While the rest of us were debating where to abandon our trees, one woman made a decision to take hers back for a refund.

The company also dropped the aspiring actor from the upcoming season of YouTube's original comedy series Foursome.

The streaming giant said Paul's channels would no longer feature in Google Preferred - a service that gives advertisers access to top YouTube channels to target 18 to 24 year olds.

The video featured no footage from Logan's video, no images of the body (we would never do that), and, as is typical for YouTuber News, there was no swearing.

Google could be heading for speaker-less future
According to regulator filings, the shares of Redux' holding company were transferred to Alphabet in early December past year . Redux's technology could also be used create haptic feedback - which gives the sense of touch on a surface such as a screen.

Last year, Felix Kjellberg, a Swedish vlogger (video blogger) known as PewDiePie who has almost 59 million followers and is very popular with young people, had his original YouTube Red series canceled after the Wall Street Journal reported on videos with racist language and anti-semitic imagery. "None of us knew how to react or how to feel", the star said in a video message. The service released a new statement on Tuesday noting, "Many of you have been frustrated with our lack of communication recently".

Things aren't all lost for Paul though, for the vlogger can still look to monetize his videos via the YouTube Partner Program. The company added that Paul's new video blogs on the website are now on hold. Rather than stop filming and retreat, Paul and his band of morons filmed the body, made fun of the deceased man, and then uploaded it all to YouTube. After Mr. Paul's post, many people began criticizing YouTube for not taking any action against him. Paul would have to accrue three account strikes within three months for YouTube to terminate his account (YouTube reportedly hit Paul's account with one strike for this incident).

On Wednesday, YouTube finally came up with a statement on the video, stating that "Suicide is not a joke, nor should it ever be a driving force for views".

Listeria concerns prompt recall of dessert bars sold in many supermarkets
Throw them away in a sealed or double bagged package, or take them back to the place of purchase for a full refund. Fieldbrook Foods is expanding its recall of ice cream bars for possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.

Google Preferred's advertising programme aggregates top YouTube content for advertisers to buy time on them.

Share