Philippines to completely ban workers from working in Kuwait

Share

Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Secretary Silvestre Bello III is set to issue on Monday a total deployment ban order of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) to Kuwait.

President Rodrigo Duterte had instructed the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) to work on the OFWs' repatriation, apparently because a lot of them were experiencing abuse.In an interview with the Philippine News Agency (PNA), 41-year old Amelia Montargo said she would never return to Kuwait for work."It was so hard".

"Because if I would just earn PHP5,000 monthly, for instance, that won't be enough for my kids since I still need to send them to school", she explained.According to the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), each repatriated OFW from Kuwait would receive PHP5,000 cash, provided with temporary shelter, and assisted to go to their hometown.

Numerous workers reportedly suffer sexual abuse from their male employers.

Interim Released for NEET Aspirants; Delhi HC Stays CBSE Orders
Now, the council has come up with another major decision of allowing students above 25 years of age to apply for NEET 2018 . However, Supreme Court had passed a judgment that students above 25 would be allowed to appear for this examination.

The Philippine Foreign Affairs Department said today authorities were repatriating 10,000 overstaying Filipinos from Kuwait, taking advantage of an amnesty programme arranged with the Kuwaiti government.

The fresh move came after Duterte last month barred Filipinos from seeking work in Kuwait, although the ban exempted those who had already secured permission. A dioxyribonucleic acid test identified the body as that of Joanna Daniela Dimapilis.

"In support of President Rodrigo R. Duterte's request for Philippine carriers to help repatriate Filipino OFWs in Kuwait, Philippine Airlines will be mounting a special flight from Kuwait to Manila within the next few days", PAL said in a statement late Saturday.

On the other hand, the flag carrier will be using their 363-seater Airbus A330. He called on Kuwait to provide legal redress to Filipino victims of what he called "horrendous crimes".

Trump Infrastructure Plan Relies Mostly on Non-Federal Funding Sources
But the 10-year yield closed at 2.86 percent on Friday, and the Federal Reserve is expected to hike rates three times this year. Trump will highlight that proposal Monday in a meeting at the White House with state and local officials.

"He's meeting with PAL and Cebu Pacific because they signified willingness to help", Francia added.

Cebu Pacific will be deploying an Airbus A330 aircraft which has a maximum capacity of 436 travelers.

Officials added they were eyeing China and Russian Federation as "alternative markets" for overseas workers.

Korea team concludes historic South trip
Otto, a student at the University of Virginia, was detained in Pyongyang in January 2016 while on a tourist trip to North Korea.

Share