The ongoing legal battle between adult entertainer Stormy Daniels and President Trump continues: Daniels is now offering to return the $130,000 hush payment she was offered in exchange for her freedom to discuss the affair she alleges having had with the married real estate mogul-turned-politician, according to the New York Times. Among other things, she claims she may have a dress stained with The Donald's semen.
Daniels filed a lawsuit last week that claimed the nondisclosure deal she struck with the president is invalid because Trump himself never signed the agreement.
Lata Nott, executive director of the Newseum Institute's First Amendment Center, said the president's lawyers would have to convince a court that "whatever is about to be aired would cause immediate, irreparable harm to the U.S. If the Pentagon Papers didn't meet that standard, can't imagine that this "60 Minutes" segment with Stormy Daniels would". He cited the time CBS' initial decision not to air an interview with former tobacco exec and high-profile whistle-blower Jeffery Wigand given a non-disclosure agreement he had signed with his company.
Militants 'Capture District Headquarters' In Afghan Province
Insurgents in Afghanistan have occupied a region headquarters in western Farah district, according to an official. He said three other security forces are missing and more than 30 insurgents were killed in the battle.
The New York Times obtained a copy of a letter Clifford's lawyer, Michael Avenatti, sent to Cohen, which offers to wire the full $130,000 sum to an account of the president's choosing on the understanding that the 2016 agreement is nullified. In an interview with the "Today Show" about that suit, he said Daniels would be willing to return the money if she were to win.
"When I reached Michael Cohen on his cell phone, he deferred Q's to his lawyer and told me I should wear more makeup on TV", Stelter wrote in today's Reliable Sources newletter.
Stormy Daniels posted this photo on Instagram today, apparently taunting President Trump.
Beyonce Officially Announces 'On the Run II' Tour With JAY-Z
On June 9, the power couple will take to the stage in Hampden on their newly announced OTR II stadium tour. Houston native Beyonce is joining forces with her rap star husband Jay-Z for the On the Run II Tour.
'It has always been about Ms. Clifford being allowed to tell the truth.
Clifford's letter says the offer will remain open until noon Tuesday. Our offer seeks to allow this to happen'.
The President has not addressed the alleged relationship publicly, though The White House and Trump's lawyer, Michael Cohen, have denied all allegations of the affair.
Myanmar building military bases in burnt Rohingya villages
More than 670,000 people have fled into Bangladesh, where they are now facing the prospect of forced repatriation to Myanmar. The authorities can not be allowed to continue their campaign of ethnic cleansing in the name of "development".
The affair allegedly ran from the summer of 2006 to early 2007.