Mr Erdogan has overseen a series of purges since the July 2016 attempted coup, which saw parts of the Turkish military launch an operation to topple the government and oust its leader.
The Turkish government blamed groups linked to exiled preacher Fethullah Gulen for the failed coup attempt.
Gulen himself, who has been residing in the United States since 1999, has refuted all the allegations on numerous occasions.
On Sunday, the official gazette said 8,998 police officers were ousted from the security general directorate, while 649 others were dismissed from the gendarmerie general command.
8998 police officers are being dismissed, including 3077 lay-offs in the Army, 1126 in the Navy, 1949 in the Air Force and 192 in the Coast Guard.Читайте также: Queen pays tribute to mark 100 years of Royal Air Force
The decree is expected to be the last of a series of emergency laws as Turkey's ruling system will fully transform into an executive presidency Monday, when President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is sworn in once again following his victory in last month's elections.
The authorities also fired 199 academics, according to the new decree, while 148 state employees from the military and ministries were reinstated.
Critics said Erdogan is using the extra powers permitted under emergency rule, which have been renewed seven times, to target opponents but the government said they are necessary to remove multiple terror threats inside state institutions. The majority of those fired under the emergency are accused of links to Gulen.
Besides, the decree ordered shut down of 12 public organizations, three newspapers, and a TV channel.
Tens of thousands of others have been fired or suspended in the huge purge.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог